So after commenting on Ben’s blog this morning, I got thinking about my post and felt I needed to expand on it. I mentioned that I feel more at stake when putting trust in a machine, however, I realize that I do it every day. How many pictures, songs, documents do I have saved on my computer, that I feel secure in having, that I “own” because they are saved on my hard drive? I have albums and albums of photos saved on Facebook and Webshots. I have tons of phone numbers stored in my cell phone. I have 6,683 songs on my iPod.
But I have had computers crash on me and I have had iPods decide to just stop working and I have had cell phones just stop functioning. And then when I lose hundreds of pictures, or thousands of songs, or every number in my cell’s contact list, I get really mad at the stupid technology that I am dumb enough to rely on to work.
So however mad I get at my computer, or at my phone, or at my iPod, I would be old-fashioned and ridiculous to think that I can live without this stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your input! :)