25 April 2010

Now I gotta cut loose..

So, last night I went to see Pioneer's production of Footloose because a) I wanted to cut loose; b) I love Kevin Bacon; and c) because a bunch of my kids were in the show (I suppose that's the real reason). But lately I've been noticing that all I can seem to talk about - no matter who I'm talking to - is my students. I talk about funny things that happened in class, great work they've done.. I feel like a proud mother. And seeing many of my kids in the musical last night really intensified that feeling. Every time one of my kids would come on stage I would "aww," or "oh my goshh." And after the show, I was walking out through the lobby and I hear, "IT'S MS. DAVIS!" and a bunch of my kids ran up to me and hugged me and told me how happy they were that I came. Seriously, this is why I love my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your input! :)